Jeffrey H. Anderson writes in “Euthanasia for Obamacare” in the October 8 edition of The Weekly Standard:
- [Obamacare] will establish the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), empowered to cut payments to Medicare providers even further. The decrees of this unelected and largely unaccountable board of 15 bureaucrats will not be reversible by a simple majority of the House and Senate—our Constitution’s vesting of the legislative power in Congress notwithstanding.
It will cause millions of Americans with employer-provided health insurance to lose their insurance. It will cause millions of seniors to lose their Medicare Advantage plans. It will dump more than a third of the newly insured into the already subpar Medicaid system at taxpayer expense. It will incentivize employers to dump their employees into Obama-care’s insurance “exchanges” at huge cost to taxpayers. It will force the young to help pay the health bills of those who are older and generally more affluent. It will force Americans of all ages to buy federally approved health insurance whether they want it or not. …
Even beyond these requirements that the CBO and the Medicare chief actuary have highlighted, Obama-care will almost surely (depending on the decrees of the HHS secretary) make low-premium, high-deductible plans illegal. It will provide disincentives for businesses to hire additional workers. It will impose regulations so onerous that the IRS estimates it will take Americans 79 million man-hours a year to comply with them, with over half of that burden falling on small businesses. It will exacerbate a looming doctor shortage in several ways. It will load still more paperwork onto doctors, making the medical profession less attractive. It will add millions of people to the insurance rolls without adding doctors to see them, and put doctors under the yoke of the federal government. In its zeal to command and forbid, it bans new physician-owned hospitals. It promotes cronyism, as the well-connected get waivers from its mandates, while everyone else is compelled to comply (HHS has granted at least 1,200 waivers to date). And it inflames an already contentious issue by providing taxpayer funding of abortions.
But Obamacare is much worse than this and it’s real intent has been well-hidden.
[Note: The following was originally posted February 12, 2012.]
George Neumayr wrote February 10 in “Bigoted Barack, Red in Tooth and Clause” at The American Spectator:
- Obamacare is a “big f — king deal,” Joe Biden whispered into [POTUS's] ear. And it is — an unconstitutional coup disguised as altruistic legislation that was rammed through Congress by reckless partisan hacks who hadn’t even read it.
But the central planners and social engineers from Planned Parenthood had pored over the bill carefully. The passage of the legislation left them giddy with excitement, as they knew its unread provisions would soon turn into nooses for their religious enemies on the right.
The future casts its shadow backwards, said the late British writer Malcolm Muggeridge. Obama, red in tooth and clause, saw the devilish flicker of those shadows in his triumph of social engineering. “Darn tooting,” he declared to his most militant supporters — pro-abortion feminists who demanded to know from him during a campaign stop last fall if he was going to make good on his promise to manhandle the Catholic Church over contraception and abortifacients.
The raffish Greg Gutfeld, who, despite his screwing around on the set, remains Fox’s deepest and most perceptive observer of politics and culture, made the valuable point on “The Five” recently that one of the sick motivations behind the HHS mandate is a form of eugenics and ironic class warfare: Obama does not want the poor to procreate.
To put the point even more directly, Obama does not want the Catholic poor to procreate. Like Planned Parenthood’s twisted foundress, Margaret Sanger, Obama is a chilly eugenicist at heart who fears a backwards America “punished” by the babies of unenlightened breeders. China boasts a one-child policy; Obama’s is more like a zero-child one. Without a universally subsidized right to sterilization, contraception, and abortion via Obamacare, his Brave New World would falter and fail to materialize. …
The essential character of secularism is totalitarian. For all of its chatter about religion as a “private” matter, for all of its nonsense about the “privacy of the bedroom,” nothing under secularism in the end is actually private. The social engineers of Obamacare will determine the birth control methods of the unwashed. They will dictate the terms of man’s beginning through eugenic abortion and his end through death panels. And to gratify the bloodlust of bigots, they will leave the stained bill for the reviled religious to pay.
More than two years ago, William F. Jasper wrote in the John Birch Society-published New American about Obama’s Global Health Initiative.
As part of his “smart power” strategy, Obama announced the initative on May 5, 2009, only a few weeks after his inauguration.
A convenient outbreak of the H1N1 virus, Obama claimed, reminded him of the “urgent need for action.”
- An outbreak in Indonesia can reach Indiana within days, and public health crises abroad can cause widespread suffering, conflict, and economic contraction. That is why I am asking Congress to approve my Fiscal Year 2010 Budget request of $8.6 billion — and $63 billion over six years — to shape a new, comprehensive global health strategy. We cannot simply confront individual preventable illnesses in isolation. The world is interconnected, and that demands an integrated approach to global health.
One of the listed “urgent needs” is to “Avert millions of unintended pregnancies.”
- [The] Obama Global Health Initiative is not an Obama initiative at all, but merely his continuation and expansion of the UN’s global population control program, which is a priority concern for some of the world’s wealthiest elites who want to see the planet’s human population drastically reduced. The real initiators of Obama’s GHI are Bill Gates, George Soros, Ted Turner, Oprah Winfrey, David Rockefeller, the World Economic Forum, the Clinton Global Initiative, the United Nations Foundation, and the International Planned Parenthood Federation.
The Gates connection to the GHI is so extensive that it is probably not an exaggeration to say the Obama Global Health Initiative represents the successful transfer of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s global health policies into official U.S. policy, with the costs also being transferred to the U.S. taxpayers.
If my math is correct, U.S. taxpayers are funding the aversion of “unintended pregnancies” twice–with Obamacare and through Obama’s Global Health Initiative.
But, there’s more. Jasper wrote that, in May 2010, the Times of London reported on a “secret meeting” of the world’s leading billionaires, “at the home of Sir Paul Nurse, a British Nobel Prize biochemist and president of the private Rockefeller University,” where they “struck on a plan . . . to curb overpopulation.” Emphasis added.
- Some of America’s leading billionaires have met secretly to consider how their wealth could be used to slow the growth of the world’s population and speed up improvements in health and education.
The philanthropists who attended a summit convened on the initiative of Bill Gates, the Microsoft co-founder, discussed joining forces to overcome political and religious obstacles to change.
Described as the Good Club by one insider it included David Rockefeller Jr, the patriarch of America’s wealthiest dynasty, Warren Buffett and George Soros, the financiers, Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, and the media moguls Ted Turner and Oprah Winfrey. . . . . The Times reports that, according to an attendee, “a consensus emerged that they would back a strategy in which population growth would be tackled as a potentially disastrous environmental, social and industrial threat.”
“This is something so nightmarish that everyone in this group agreed it needs big-brain answers,” said the guest. “They need to be independent of government agencies, which are unable to head off the disaster we all see looming.” Bill Gates, it seems, exerted a major influence on their decision. “Taking their cue from Gates they agreed that overpopulation was a priority,” reported the Times.
- President Obama’s Global Health Initiative is virtually indistinguishable from the identically named GHI launched by the World Economic Forum (WEF) in 2002. Of course, most of the Good Club members are regulars at the WEF annual gatherings of the rich and super-rich in Davos, Switzerland (or other WEF ultra-posh venues), where the Lear and Gulfstream jet sets meet to tell the middle classes and working-class poor how much they need to sacrifice to fund the Davos group’s latest “compassion” projects. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is a “Strategic Partner” for the WEF’s GHI.
And more. The Clinton Global Initiative, part of the William J. Clinton Foundation, includes its own GHI:
- Launched by former President Bill Clinton in 2005, the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) has already amassed an astounding $57 billion in commitments from corporations, foundations, and individuals. Listed as “Notable Members” of the Clinton Global Initiative are, among others, Bill Gates, George Soros, and Judith Rodin, president of the Rockefeller Foundation. Oprah Winfrey, Ted Turner, and Michael Bloomberg have been participants in CGI events and donors to CGI causes.
See a pattern here?
Yet more. Jasper concluded:
- The administration’s Global Health Initiative, the new global ObamaCare, is in reality a major effort to launch a new wave of planetary eugenics and population control under the guise of mitigating human suffering and poverty, promoting “global health,” and saving the environment.
Reports about the “Billionaire Brigade of Population Control” go back even further. Mary Meehan wrote in the January/February 1999 issue of Soul (updated in 2001):
- After Buffett, 70, and his wife die, their shares in the Berkshire Hathaway holding company–worth many billions of dollars–are scheduled to go to the Buffett Foundation. That foundation is already deeply involved in population control. It has given substantial sums to Planned Parenthood groups, Pathfinder International, the Population Council, and a host of similar groups. It has helped finance research on the abortion pill, RU-486, and has given large sums to International Projects Assistance Services, a group that sends abortion equipment to poor countries. The foundation has also helped finance Catholics for a Free Choice, which campaigns against Catholic teaching on abortion, and the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, which tries to put a religious seal of approval on the choice of abortion.1 . . . .
Max Schulz of the Competitive Enterprise Institute criticized Buffett and other members of what he called the “Billionaire Brigade” for buying into “the phony crisis of overpopulation.” Schulz contended that problems in high-density population areas “stem from failed socialist policies, not from too many people.”2
No discussion on abortion funding would be complete without details on Geoge Soros’s involvement. Meehan wrote:
- Another immensely wealthy individual, financier George Soros, also funds population control. Soros, like Turner, has five children but worries that other people are having too many. His foundations include the Open Society Institute (OSI), which has a unit that supports abortion. Like many other foundations, OSI is intensely political in its grant-making. In 1998 it noted a large grant to one group “to protect the laws governing reproductive health care, especially abortions”; a grant to another group “to support public opinion research and field organizing in Colorado and Washington states to combat anti-choice activities”; and a $1 million grant to the Planned Parenthood Federation of America for a “campaign to gain widespread public awareness and acceptance of emergency contraception.” More recent grants also show a keen appreciation of propaganda campaigns, especially ones “targeting young people.”
Keep in mind, this report was published more than a decade ago.
This is, of course, “Billionaire’s Brigade” socialism at work. Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr. of the Ludwig von Mises Institute wrote in December 1998:
- George Soros, the billionaire hedge-fund operator who has turned like a snake on the system of economics that made him rich. . . . No need to go on characterizing Soros’s Grand Theory. The declaration that capitalism must be hobbled has been made ten thousand times since socialist thinking became the vogue a century ago. As usual, behind it is a deep distrust of human freedom combined with an unwarranted faith in government control. . . . What’s more interesting is the psychology of billionaires who want to deny others the opportunities that made them rich and influential. Out of guilt or a desire to block others from following in their footsteps, they adopt a redistributionist mentality, not just in their philanthropy but in their politics. . . . Capitalism means allowing people to get rich by serving the needs of others. But becoming a billionaire apparently temps some to a form of meglomania.
This disease has other effects. Tired of competing for their place in the market economy, they long to impose their wisdom on the masses by means of state power. This is why they are inclined to adopt an anti-capitalist credo. They imagine that their wealth and power will give them a leg up when it comes time to design the world according to socialist strictures. . . . So Soros, the new poster child of the left, turns out to be nothing more than a disgruntled rich guy tired of the risks that made him wealthy. . . .
Speculators like Soros have done great good for the world when they have used their talents within the framework of the market economy. But when they decide to cozy up to politicians, pose as philosopher kings, and urge government planning on the world, they are capable of doing enormous evil. Recall that Friedrich Engels was a wealthy businessman too.
You can read about Karl Marx and Fredrick Engels on the Population Bomb here. (Marx said an out-of-control population growth wasn’t the problem. The real problem was “that private capitalists owned the means of meeting men’s needs.” Be sure to read down to the info about Obama “regulation czar’ John Holdren and pal, Paul Ehrlich, on population control.)
Meehan concluded: “Cultural imperialism is an accurate description of this and other projects of the Billionaire Brigade. Some people use an even harsher term: genocide.”
Warning: Parents, friends, and families need to know about the Obama-supported Facing History and Ourselves teacher training program materials. As my co-author, Aaron Klein, and I wrote in Red Army:
- FHAO is an international organization providing professional development services and curricular resources to educators. FHAO’s stated focus is on “bringing ethical and moral philosophy to history and social studies classes, particularly regarding issues of racism, civic responsibility and tolerance.” . . . .
Facing History and Ourselves, meanwhile, received Chicago Annenberg Challenge grant funds for programs with the Chicago Public Schools. FHAO received $240,000 in 1998, $237,000 in 1999, $85,500 in 2000, and $50,000 in 2001.
FHAO also received grant funds from the Joyce Foundation, upon whose board Barack Obama also sat: $100,000 in 1997 (for a two-year project) and $50,000 in 1999 (for a one-year project). . . .
Sandra Stotsky writes in her 2004 paper, “The Stealth Curriculum: Manipulating America’s History Teachers,” that FHAO is “[p]ossibly the most malevolent of the organizations professing to address citizenship education.”
Regarding FHAO’s 2002 supplementary resource book, Race and Membership in American History: The Eugenics Movement (RMAH), Stotsky calls it “even more poisonous” with its “causal connection between the American eugenics movement and the Holocaust.” In the end, she writes, “Americans appear almost directly responsible for the Final Solution. The net effect is the discrediting of American society.”
The danger here, as Stotsky correctly assesses, is that social studies teachers will use FHAO’s “implicit thesis about who was responsible for the Holocaust because its resource books are likely to be their only source of information on the topic.”
An even greater concern is that outsiders cannot find out what takes place in FHAO workshops as they are restricted to teachers whose schools arranged and paid for them to attend. Details on FHAO’s website are password-protected.
This is how the socialist billionaires operate. You’ve been warned.
See next page for notes.